Rite Plumbing Contractors (RPC) was founded in 1992 as an s-corporation operating out of the owner’s home. RPC began doing business primarily as a maintenance and service provider, but now generates a majority of its income from new commercial and residential construction projects. In the years since it was established it has grown to be the largest plumbing contractor in its local area. Throughout its growth, RPC has added 3 additional owners and now employs 85 staff members. From its success and profitability, the company is able to provide its employees with many benefits, including health insurance.
- RPC is a highly profitable company and is concerned about the rising cost of providing health benefits to its employees
- It has been utilizing a self-funded healthcare plan for three years and has received favorable underwriting each year
- Since implementing a self-funded plan, the company has not exceeded 75% of its expected claims and receives consistently favorable underwriting
- RPC would like a way to create a savings fund in the event of a high claims year occurring
- It would also like to increase its deductible based on its consistent favorable underwriting
Find out how the Medical Allied Reinsurance Company program helped RPC minimize their risks associated with traditional health insurance plans and put more money in their pocket.